Craps is a table game which is played with a pair of dice. This game relies on fortune, but not on skills. In other words, there is no craps strategy at all, only some useful hints. Some people prefer Blackjack because this game is based on logic and skills, or Roulette as its bets and rules are more understandable. Craps however is also interesting, but before start your game, be sure that you know all the fine points of it.
Craps is played by various people. The gaming process has two stages, first one determines the Point number (4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 12) and is called Come out roll, second one Point roll establishes all next rolls during the round. Participants make their bets, after the first kick, next combinations are feasible:
- Craps (2, 3, 12) - Pass line bet is losing, Don't pass - wins.
- Point (4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 12) -the highest point value should be fixed.
- Natural ( 7 or 11) - Pass line wins.
Types of bets
Craps table has many betting areas. The most widely used bets are: Pass line and Don't pass line Come and Don't come, Place bets and Field bets.
- Pass line bet. If the first roll is 7 or 11 this type of bet wins and losses in case of 3,2, 12. If point combination is rolled, next roll must be also point in order to win.
- Come bet is the same as Pass line, but it can be made only after point number is defined.
- Don't pass line bet loses if the first roll is 7, 11; if either 3 or 2 bet wins. If the point number rolls, the next throw must be 7 in order to win.
- Don't come. When the point number is identified, bet is considered as winning in case of 2 or 3, losing in case of 7 or 11. In order to win, the next roll should be a point number.
- Field bets are appropriate only for one dice roll. If 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 12 this bet wins, otherwise loses.
- Place bets are made after point number is established and is winning when the point number rolls before 7.